ITSAB Meeting Minutes for 10/21/11 Meeting
ITSAB Members in Attendance:
CIO (Richard Holland for Kay Beasock), OIA (Debra Tomanek), Undergraduate Students—Non-ASUA (Nikolas Vallens, Danelle Dobbins, Nidhi Arora, Melissa Miller, Elizabeth Hudson), ASUA Representative (Andrew Chaifetz), Graduate Students—Non-GPSC (Urvish Shah, Paul Reeves), GPSC Representative (Eddie Beck)
1) Approval of Minutes
2) Organization Updates
3) ITSAB Subcommittee Updates
4) Invited Guest: Marcia Chatalas, Director, Enterprise Applications Business Analysis and Project Management Services
5) Anything else?
Motion to Approve Minutes from 10/14 Meeting; Passed (Paul Reeves)
ASUA Updates (Andrew Chaifetz)
- Andrew will be added to the Classroom Technology Project working team
Student Survey Subcommittee (Paul Reeves)
- First meeting of this subcommittee will be Tuesday, October 25 at 4 PM. The location will be forthcoming through email.
UAccess Student (Marcia Chatalas, Invited Guest)
- The implementation period for the UAccess system was between 2008-2010
- UAccess combines information about the campus community, academic structure, student records, and admissions in one system
- The UAccess system was modified to make it better and easier to use than its predecessor, but the team used what they called a “vanilla approach” to ensure that the system wasn’t varied too much from the delivered software. This simpler approach enabled the team to keep to a shorter time frame while still ensuring that certain essentials were implemented.
- UAccess is still working on enhancements and changes, and some current projects are:
1) Streamlining the My Financial Aid Page
2) Improving the Degree Tracker and Search features to help students discover degree paths and keep up to date on their graduation requirements
3) Automating the Graduate College Degree Certification process to simplify the steps graduate students take to receive approval on their work
4) Incorporating an Online Application for Graduation
UAccess Student (Teddy Lopez, 2nd guest speaker)
- UAccess is currently working on a system to incorporate SUN (shared unique number) numbers, which identifies courses that are considered identical state-wide, into the university class listings
- Teddy asked the board’s advice on how best to display SUN numbers and relevant information about them on UAccess
- Teddy and Marcia intend to return to a few of the ITSAB meetings to check in with the board on further changes to UAccess
Posting to the ITSAB Website (Richard Holland)
- Richard posted the link to the Educause IT Survey on the website under the “Board Updates” tab as this seemed one of the only areas of the website that allowed for new updates
- May need to create a new tab on the website to suit the need of a space to post reference materials
For Next Week…(Paul Reeves)
- Will contact either the D2L Team or the UA Mobile Team to try to get a guest speaker for next week’s meeting (10/28).